Virtual Classroom for Pre-Sort Consultation
- Define the term flow cytometry.
- Describe the types of samples suitable for a flow cytometer.
- Explain the properties that a flow cytometer can measure.
- Identify the three subsystems of a flow cytometer.
- Describe the factors that affect light scatter.
- Explain how light scatter and fluorescence can be used to detect populations.
- Describe the use of excitation and emission spectra.
- Explain what compensation is and why it is necessary for multicolor analysis.
- Describe the purpose of sorting cells or particles.
- Explain how particle size affects the nozzle size and sheath pressure selection.
- Describe the steps in droplet sorting.
Optimize your Flow Cytometry-Best Practices for Sample Preparation, Staining and Analysis