Flow Cytometry Resource Center
The Flow Cytometry Resource Center (FCRC) offers researchers with a wide variety of multi-laser/multi-color flow cytometry sorters and analyzers, including spectral and imaging flow cytometers.
The FCRC staff provides maintenance of the instruments, assistance with experimental design and troubleshooting, advice on sample preparation, training on the instrument operation as well as individualized instruction and consultation on the data analysis.
Cell sorting is performed by FCRC staff on three BD FACSAria high-speed cell sorters equipped with up to six lasers (488, 561, 640, 355, 405 and 445 nm excitation wavelengths) and 18 fluorescence channels detection. Cell sorters are able to perform high-purity sterile sorts into tubes, 96- and 384-well plates, slides or custom devices at flow rate up to 20,000 events per second.
The Amnis ImageStream-X, the imaging analyzer, is operated by FCRC staff. It combines the strength of flow cytometry and fluorescence microscopy in a single platform. It allows for high-content assays on rare cells and quantification of biological phenomena with great accuracy. The ImageStream-X is able to simultaneously record up to 10-color images with four laser excitations (488, 561, 658 and 405 nm wavelengths).
The FCRC is also equipped with six benchtop analyzers, which cover the wide range of researcher’s needs:
- Cytek Aurora, the four laser (488, 561, 640 and 405 nm) and 48 fluorescence channels spectral analyzer, has a unique capability of measuring the entire emission spectra of the fluorescent dyes excited by multiple lasers installed on the instrument. The full spectrum capture enables the use of the novel un-mixing algorithms for the further data analysis. At least 23 different fluorescent labels could be resolved, even when multiple markers are co-expressed on the same cell
- BD LSR-Fortessa and two BD LSRIIs are equipped with five lasers from the list of 488, 561, 640, 355, 405 and 445 nm and 18 fluorescence channels and High Throughput Sampler to accommodate 96-well plates
- ThermoFisher Attune NxT is equipped with two lasers (488 and 561 nm) and seven fluorescence channels. Using the unique acoustic focusing feature, the Autosampler enables Attune to run samples tubes or in plate formats, including 96-well, 384-well, and deep-wells with the high volume intake
- BD Accuri C6 is equipped with two lasers (488 and 640 nm) and four channels. The attached CFlow Sampler can run walk-away acquisition out of the 24-tube rack or 48- and 96-well plate formats
After completion of appropriate equipment training, researchers can operate the analyzers by themselves.
The FCRC staff offers:
- Cell sorting on BD FACSAria
- Data acquisition on ImageStream-X
- Maintenance of all FCRC instruments
- Consultation on data analysis
- Consultation (Experimental Design; Pre-Sort; Pre-ImageStream; Pre-Hands-on)
- Instrument Hands-on Training (Cytek Aurora; BD LSR; HTS; ThermoFisher Attune NxT; BD Accuri®C6)
- Instrument help (Set up or Troubleshooting)
- Software Training (Introduction or Troubleshooting)
The mission of Flow Cytometry Resource Center is to offer researchers efficient and reliable flow cytometric services with the highest standards of quality control and productivity