Science Saturday 2023
Presented by RockEDU Science Outreach
Frequently Asked Questions
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2023
10:30 AM – 3:00 PM
The Rockefeller University
1230 York Avenue at East 66th Street
New York, NY 10065
- How old does my child have to be to attend?
Children must be in grades K–8 during the 2023–24 academic year to attend.
- Can I bring a child who is younger than kindergarten age, even if he or she will not participate in the activities?
In order to ensure the safety and enjoyment of everyone at Science Saturday, we require all attendees to be in kindergarten or older. The activities are specifically designed for students in grades K–8, and many of them require parental participation. We appreciate your cooperation in observing the age requirement.
- Are adult chaperones required?
Yes, all children must be accompanied by an adult. A registered adult is able to bring up to three children.
- How much does it cost to attend?
Science Saturday is offered free of charge! Registration is required for all attendees. Be advised, space is limited and attendance is offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Are there physical tickets?
There are no physical tickets. You will receive a confirmation email upon completion of the registration form. Attendees’ names will be held at the door.
- Can I register my group without knowing the names of all attendees?
The names of all attendees in your group are required to complete the registration process.
- I registered for a ticket but can no longer attend Science Saturday.
If you are no longer able to attend, please email email@example.com. Individuals on the waitlist will be contacted when spots open and offered the opportunity to attend.
- I registered as an adult, can I change my reservation to a student (or vice versa)?
Yes, as long as there is still one adult attendee accompanying the group of registered children. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any requested changes.
- How do I get to Rockefeller University?
Rockefeller University is located in Manhattan at 1230 York Avenue at East 66th Street, New York, NY 10065. Click here for travel directions.
- Will there be parking on campus?
Parking is not available on campus.
- Do I need to pack a lunch?
Food offerings, including vegetarian and gluten-free options, will be available free of charge.
- What if it rains?
This event will take place rain or shine. Most of the activities will be indoors.
- I am a teacher. Can I bring a group of students to Science Saturday?
Absolutely! For information specific to school groups, please visit our website or email email@example.com for more information.
- Does Rockefeller offer any other events for students during the year?
In addition to Science Saturday (grades K–8), RockEDU offers Talking Science (grades 9–12). Information about additional programming for students and teachers can be found on the RockEDU Science Outreach website.