BD LSRII-1 UV Laser Operation
NOTE: If the UV laser needs to be “on” for your experiment (Indo, Hoechst, AF350, CellTrace Calcein Blue AM, LIVE/DEAD Fixable Blue, etc.) please make sure to follow the steps explained below.
- For the first time please make sure to be trained by the FCRC staff on this procedure. Training takes about 5 minutes and no advance scheduling is necessary (business days, 9 am – 5 pm).
- For the following attempts please follow the written instructions below:
- Check if UV laser is “on” or “off” by opening the BD LSRII-1 lid and placing the “gloved” hand into the UV laser path;
- If the UV laser is “on” proceed on step 2d;
- If the UV laser is “off”, you need to turn it “on”:
- Double-click on the “BD Coherent Connection” icon on the desktop;
- When the “BD Coherent Connection” interface fully opens, click the button “Laser ON” and wait a few seconds until the UV laser’s power meter shows 19-20 mW;
- Minimize the “BD Coherent Connection” window (Do NOT close the program);
- Wait 15 minutes for the data acquisition to make sure that the laser is completely warmed-up and stabilized;
- Proceed on the item 5 from the “BD LSRII and BD LSR-Fortessa Maintenance Guidelines”.
- After the data acquisition is finished make sure to switch off the UV laser by maximizing the Coherent icon and clicking “Laser OFF” button on its user interface.