BD LSRII-1 UV Laser Operation
NOTE: If the UV laser needs to be “on” for your experiment (Indo, Hoechst, AF350, CellTrace Calcein Blue AM, LIVE/DEAD Fixable Blue, etc.) please make sure to follow the steps explained below.
- 1. For the first time please make sure to be trained by the FCRC staff on this procedure. Training takes about 5 minutes and no advance scheduling is necessary. (business days, 9 am – 5 pm)
- 2. Double-click on the “Coherent Connection 4” icon on the desktop.
- 3. When the “Coherent Connection 4” interface fully opens, click the button “Start” and wait a few seconds until the UV laser’s power shows 19-20 mW emitting.
- 4. Wait 15 minutes for the data acquisition to make sure that the laser is completely warmed-up and stabilized.
- 5. Proceed on the item 5 from the “BD LSRII Maintenance Guidelines”.
- 6. After the data acquisition is finished make sure to switch off the UV laser by clicking “stop” button on its user interface then turn off the software.