Hours, Access & Library Policies
The Rita & Frits Markus Library is located in Welch Hall.
Access is limited to:
Rockefeller University (faculty and non-faculty)
- With proper RU I.D., 24 hours a day / 7 days a week.
Weill Cornell Medical College and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (faculty and non-faculty)
- With proper I.D., Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The library is staffed Monday-Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and will be closed on the following holidays for the Fiscal Year 2019-2020.
- Independence Day: Thursday, July 4 – Friday July 5
- Labor Day: Monday, September 2
- Thanksgiving Break: Thursday, November 28 – Friday, November 29
- Winter Break: Wednesday, December 25 – Wednesday, January 1
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day: Monday, January 20
- President’s Day: Monday, February 17
- Memorial Day: Monday, May 25
Access to other libraries
Members of the Rockefeller University also have access to the other Tri-Institutional Libraries:
Weill Cornell Medical Library
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Library
Library Policies and Guidelines
In order to ensure optimal use of our information resources by all, we ask our patrons to show consideration to other users and to observe the following basic guidelines while visiting our Library:
- Patrons must use their own ID card to enter the Library and check out materials.
- No smoking is allowed in the Library.
- Children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult when in the Library.
- Library telephones may be used only for local, work-related calls.
- Please observe common library standards and practices with regard to noise and behavior.