Updates on COVID-19
COVID-19 Case Update
Today is retrieving..
Positive cases in the RU community for the past 14 days: retrieving..
Updated: May 6, 2022 at 3:39 p.m.
The University has been in Phase III+ since September 28th, 2020. Phase III+ operations continue to have the goal of minimizing risk to the safety and health of all personnel and likelihood of community transmission of SARS-CoV-2 on campus, while allowing up to 100% occupancy levels and full conduct of business activities on campus.
Access to campus is restricted to authorized University personnel. Rockefeller IDs must be used to enter (and re-enter) campus and must be displayed while on campus.
Access for third-party service/support personnel and/or external collaborators must be for business purposes only and arranged and approved in advance of their arrival. Requests for campus access should be sent to Restart@rockefeller.edu. Face covering, social distancing and hand hygiene requirements are in effect for all guests/visitors.
RU/HHMI employees and students:
- Must be fully vaccinated as condition of working on-site.
- If experiencing any symptom or experience that would lead to answering one of the assessment questions “yes,” employees must complete the RUHealthy self-assessment prior to reporting to work at any RU facility any/each day they work on site, and follow any resulting instructions from OHS. RUHealthy must be completed for CFC students each day the child is scheduled to attend.
- Must undergo weekly pRT-PCR molecular assay-based COVID testing if they work on site at any time during that week. We encourage testing using the RUStrong program and note that it is available twice a week (Tuesdays and Thursdays). If testing is done through a third-party company instead of RUStrong, timely, written documentation of the testing must be provided to OHS.
- Must wear face masks inside University buildings. Please see the Policy on Face Covering for details and exceptions.
- University personnel are permitted to have in-person meetings but food/drinks are not allowed. If you have questions about the appropriate number of meeting attendees for a given room, please email email@example.com for guidance
The Rockefeller response team meets regularly to evaluate conditions and make decisions that are informed by guidance from city, state and national agencies in addition to input from key University stakeholders.
Please see the Phase III+ Restart and Guidance website (VPN required) for further information about Phase III+ policies and operations.
If you have questions about the University’s preparedness and response activities, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
ROCKEFELLER POLICIES & GUIDELINES
- Rockefeller University Policy on Face Covering
- Social Distancing Guidelines
- On-Campus Events Policy
- Visitor Policy
- Travel Policy
USEFUL EXTERNAL LINKS
- CDC: COVID-2019
- New York State COVID-19 Updates
- New York City Coronavirus Disease 2019
- WHO: Coronavirus disease pandemic (COVID-19)