Updates on COVID-19
Updated: June 4, 2021 at 11:40 a.m.
The University has been in Phase III+ since September 28th. Phase III+ operations continue to have the goal of minimizing risk to the safety and health of all personnel and likelihood of community transmission of SARS-CoV-2 on campus, while allowing up to 100% occupancy levels on campus.
We expect Phase III+ operational status to continue into the summer and will provide updates to policies as they become available.
Access to campus continues to be restricted to authorized University personnel. Rockefeller IDs must be used to enter (and re-enter) campus and must be displayed while on campus. Access for third-party service/support personnel and/or external collaborators must be for business purposes only and arranged and approved in advance of their arrival.
Face covering, social distancing and hand hygiene practices remain in effect for non-vaccinated RU/HHMI employees and students and for guests/visitors.
For fully vaccinated RU/HHMI employees and students, defined as at least two weeks beyond the final dose of vaccine (after the second Moderna or Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine and after the first Johnson&Johnson vaccine):
- Social distancing is no longer required anywhere on campus.
- Face covering is optional anywhere on campus, whether indoors or outside. We expect and respect that some fully vaccinated members of our community will elect to continue to wear masks and stress that not wearing masks is optional, not mandated, for fully vaccinated people.
- Groups of fully vaccinated people are permitted to have in-person meetings without masks while in meeting rooms. If unvaccinated members of your group need to participate in these meetings, you must set up a Zoom portal so that they can join these meetings virtually. Guidance for occupancy limits are posted on most conference room doors.
- Employees and students are required to complete the RUHealthy self-assessment prior to coming to campus any/each day they come to campus, and to follow any instructions from OHS.
- Employees and students who conduct work activities on campus at any time are required to participate in weekly COVID testing under the RUStrong program or to provide written documentation of pRT-PCR molecular assay-based testing conducted by a third-party company.
The Rockefeller response team meets regularly to evaluate conditions and make decisions that are informed by guidance from city, state and national agencies in addition to input from key University stakeholders.
Please see the Phase II and Phase III Restart and Guidance website (VPN required) for further information about Phase II and Phase III.
If you have questions about the University’s preparedness and response activities, please send an email to email@example.com.
ROCKEFELLER POLICIES & GUIDELINES
USEFUL EXTERNAL LINKS