Visitors from Outside RU
Attendees planning to come to RU for any on-campus event are covered by this visitor policy in addition to the On-Campus Events Policy.
Effective immediately, the University is no longer allowing access without scheduled appointments to the RU campus to members of the HSS, WCM, NYPH or MSK communities. Exceptions to this provision:
- WCM personnel who work in RU facilities that are leased by WCM (i.e., Bronk 9, Weiss 11).
- WCM and MSK personnel conducting activities in or dropping samples to RU Resource Centers.
- MSK personnel affiliated with the Antibody Core Facility on Bronk 4.
- WCM, MSK and/or NYPH personnel who have a scheduled meeting on campus. This will be confirmed before entry is allowed so please alert our security department with the names of scheduled visitors.
- Graduate students in Tri-Institutional Programs doing rotations in RU laboratories.
- Individuals dropping off or picking up children from the CFC.
- MD-PhD students who reside in Sophie Fricke or the Graduate Students Residence.
To assist with the implementation of this policy, we ask that all members of our community carry their RU ID cards and display them to Security when entering campus.
Visitors from countries which the CDC finds have “widespread sustained (ongoing) transmission” of COVID-19 cannot come on campus until they have successfully completed 14 days of self-quarantine.
Visitors should be told not to come to campus if they are ill or experiencing symptoms associated with COVID-19 regardless of where they are traveling from.
The University will review requests for access by other visitors on an individual basis. However, common sense dictates that the next two months are not the best time to host substantial numbers of visitors.
To protect children and older visitors to campus, we ask that you:
- Cancel or reschedule all volunteer programs for minors at RU and visits by minors from now through April 30, 2020.
- Consider postponing visits by people are over the age of 65, especially if they have underlying health problems.
The University reserves the right to restrict access to campus for both RU personnel and visitors without advance notice.