Parents Association of the CFC
The Parents Association is a parent led, volunteer-driven organization that seeks to build a community of families that support each other in our common goal of pursuing demanding careers and raising strong children.
Families who have a child currently in the Child and Family Center of The Rockefeller University are automatically granted membership into the Parents Association of the Child and Family Center of The Rockefeller University.
May Board Meeting: May 11 9-10am in GSR2 Common Room
All parents welcome! We ask at least one parent per room to attend.
Minutes from previous meetings can be found here. The May agenda will be posted here once finalized. If you would like to add something to the agenda, please email email@example.com.
PA Board Election: Call For Nominations
Elections are about to begin for next year’s Board of Directors. Please consider nominating yourself and/or another CFC parent to serve on the Board.
Members of the board will have the opportunity to contribute to the future direction of the PA and the CFC through holding leadership positions, helping with fundraising efforts, and/or building community within the CFC. See this document for more details.
Submit nominations to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday May 31. And spread the word!
Teacher Appreciation Week: May 7-11
CFC parents, please work with your Room Parents to plan small, thoughtful gestures for showing your appreciation for your kids’ teachers throughout this week.
Spring Concert: May 20
Save the date for a fun performance by Danny Weinkauf and his Red Pants Band! More details coming soon.
What We Do
- Fund Raising
- Halloween bake sale: 10/31/2017
- Spring bake sale
- T-shirt shop (more info at right)
- Golf outing
- Designate funds to be used for curriculum enhancement and community building events throughout the year
- Bari Concert on campus (featuring Bari Koral, a former music teacher at the CFC)
- Pizza/Music Concert nights
- Organize and maintain the library
- End-of-year CFC potluck
- The Nature of Things educators and animals visiting twice per year
- The Chick Hatching Program from Quiver Farms
- Puppet Shows by WonderSpark Puppets and Puppetsburg Puppeteers
- Visits by storyteller Bill Gordh
- Soccer classes for preschoolers
- Seminars by outside speakers focusing on issues related to parenting and childhood education and development
- Organize the collection and dissemination of teacher appreciation gifts
- Collect for monetary gifts that are distributed to each CFC classroom and specialty teacher around the holidays
- Organize gifts for Teacher Appreciation week
- Support the CFC classroom teachers & classroom communities through Room Parents who organize room breakfasts, non-monetary gifts for teachers’ birthdays and Teacher Appreciation week, and help with communication between the PA Board and all CFC parents.
Parents Association Bylaws
You can access a copy of the current bylaws here.