The Parents Association is a parent led, volunteer-driven organization that seeks to build a community of families that support each other in our common goal of pursuing demanding careers and raising strong children.
Families who have a child currently in the Child and Family Center of The Rockefeller University are automatically granted membership into the Parents Association of the Child and Family Center of The Rockefeller University.
T-shirt shop SALE: Dec. 13
Please come by the Weiss lobby to pick up some holiday gifts, winter wear, or other fun things to support the Parents Association of the CFC.
Holiday Gift Collection: NOW through Fri. Dec. 15
This year, the PA board decided to combine the holiday collection and the end of the school-year collection into one collection in December. The collected amount will be pooled and given to the CFC teachers based on employment status. Between December 4th to the 15th there will be gift found boxes around the CFC so every family could anonymously contribute. For more details and suggested amounts please see the attached form. More info here.
January Board Meeting: Jan. 12 9-10am
All parents welcome! We ask at least one parent per room to attend.
Minutes from previous meetings can be found here. The January agenda will be posted here once finalized. If you would like to add something to the agenda, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE HELP OUT: We are looking for an interim VP of Communications/minutes taker for the January, February, and March meetings. Please email email@example.com if you want more info!
Save the Date: Nutrition Lecture for CFC Parents : Fri. Jan. 12 5-7pm
More details coming soon.
What We Do
- Fund Raising
- Halloween bake sale: 10/31/2017
- Spring bake sale
- T-shirt shop (more info at right)
- Golf outing
- Designate funds to be used for curriculum enhancement and community building events throughout the year
- Bari Concert on campus (featuring Bari Koral, a former music teacher at the CFC)
- Pizza/Music Concert nights
- Organize and maintain the library
- End-of-year CFC potluck
- The Nature of Things educators and animals visiting twice per year
- The Chick Hatching Program from Quiver Farms
- Puppet Shows by WonderSpark Puppets and Puppetsburg Puppeteers
- Visits by storyteller Bill Gordh
- Soccer classes for preschoolers
- Seminars by outside speakers focusing on issues related to parenting and childhood education and development
- Organize the collection and dissemination of teacher appreciation gifts
- Collect for monetary gifts that are distributed to each CFC classroom and specialty teacher around the holidays
- Organize gifts for Teacher Appreciation week
- Support the CFC classroom teachers & classroom communities through Room Parents who organize room breakfasts, non-monetary gifts for teachers’ birthdays and Teacher Appreciation week, and help with communication between the PA Board and all CFC parents.