Parents Association of the CFC
The Parents Association is a parent led, volunteer-driven organization that seeks to build a community of families that support each other in our common goal of pursuing demanding careers and raising strong children.
Families who have a child currently in the Child and Family Center of The Rockefeller University are automatically granted membership into the Parents Association of the Child and Family Center of The Rockefeller University.
Monthly Coffee Hours
All parents welcome! Please stop in to say hi, ask questions, meet other parents or CFC Administrators, and more!
(These meetings are mostly replacing the more formal PA Board Meetings).
Stay tuned for a January Parent Seminar currently being scheduled!
Teacher Appreciation Week: May 4-8, 2020
CFC parents, please work with your Room Parents to plan small, thoughtful gestures for showing your appreciation for your kids’ teachers throughout this week.
Stay tuned for a fun spring concert. If you’d like to help organize, please contact email@example.com
What We Do
- Spring bake sale
- T-shirt shop (more info at right)
- Golf outing
- Concert on campus
- Designate funds to be used for curriculum enhancement and community building events throughout the year
- The Nature of Things educators and animals visiting twice per year
- The Chick Hatching Program from Quiver Farms
- Visits by storyteller Bill Gordh
- Soccer classes for preschoolers
- Organize and maintain the library
- End-of-year CFC potluck
- Seminars by outside speakers focusing on issues related to parenting and childhood education and development
- Organize the collection and dissemination of teacher appreciation gifts
- Collect for monetary gifts that are distributed to each CFC classroom and specialty teacher around the holidays
- Organize gifts for Teacher Appreciation week
- Support the CFC classroom teachers & classroom communities through Room Parents who organize room breakfasts, non-monetary gifts for teachers’ birthdays and Teacher Appreciation week, and help with communication between the PA Board and all CFC parents.
Parents Association Bylaws
You can access a copy of the current bylaws here.