The goal of Food Services is to serve fresh, wholesome and seasonal foods. By supporting our local growers, carbon dioxide emissions expelled during shipment are greatly reduced. The Abby Aldrich Dining Hall and Weiss Café use reusable china place settings and only offer disposable products as a secondary option.
- All reusable products in Weiss and Abby Aldrich Dining Hall, such as trays, china plates, bowls, or coffee mugs are positioned in such a way that the reusable products are an easy reach for the guests.
- There is a 25-cent discount off each cup of coffee when a china, or Rockefeller mug is used in Weiss and CRC Café.
- Reusable Rockefeller bags are available for purchase at the CRC Café to help reduce the use of plastic bags.
- Napkin dispensers distribute one napkin at a time in order to reduce the quantity that people would otherwise take.
- Eco-friendly cleaning products without toxic volatile organic compounds (VOCs) are used.
- All of the disposable products offered at the CRC Café are either recyclable or biodegradable.