Pacific Biosciences Sequels
The RGRC has two PacBio Sequel 2 instruments and one PacBio Sequel 1 instrument. The PacBio Sequel is a third-generation sequencer based on PacBio-proven Single Molecule Real-Time (SMRT) technology to generate long reads with high consensus accuracy and uniform coverage.
- Reference genome assembly (CLR or Hifi)
- Full length transcriptome sequencing (Iso-seq)
- Complex populations (e.g. bacteria, viruses)
- Targeted sequencing
Bionano Genomics Saphyr
The Saphyr System is an optical mapping automated instrument. It allows imaging of high-molecular weight DNA migrating through NanoChannel arrays on the Saphyr Chip. This technology can be used to study of genomic structural variation sensitivity and scaffolding genomes.
- Structural variation (large insertions/deletions, translocations, inversions)
- Reference genome assembly (scaffolding and assemblies correction)