People and Partners
The Action Committee for Community Engaged Research (ACCER), a subcommittee of the Advisory Committee for Clinical and Translational Research (ACCTS) – the RU-CCTS governing body – works strategically to align community priorities with scientific research at Rockefeller University to foster community-engaged research collaborations. ACCER designs capacity-building opportunities for partners inside and outside of the CCTS.
Rhonda G. Kost, MD – ACCER Co-Chair
Jonathan N. Tobin, PhD – President/CEO, Clinical Directors Network; ACCER Co-Chair
Barry Coller, MD – Principal Investigator, RU-CCTS
Peter Holt, MD – Faculty Member, RU-CCTS
Anuradha Hashemi-Arend, MPH – Community Engagement Specialist
Maija Williams, MPH – Administrative Director, RU-CCTS
Dozene Guishard, EdD, CDP – Director, Health & Wellness Initiatives, Carter Burden Network
William (Bill) Pagano MD, MPH – Lutheran Medical Center Medical Director, Emeritus & CDN Board Member, Emeritus
The Center for Clinical and Translational Science (RU-CCTS) builds on Rockefeller University Hospital’s history as the birthplace of American biomedical science and translational research. It is funded in part by an NIH Center for Clinical and Translational Science Award (CTSA). The Center is designed to provide an optimal infrastructure to conduct clinical and translational research, and to educate the next generation of physician-scientists committed to patient-oriented research.
You can learn more about the RU-CCTS here.
New York CTSA Community Engagement Consortium -NYCON: The six NYC area CTSA institutions have joined to form a city-wide consortium aimed at fostering collaboration and sharing of best practices in community engagement.
- The Rockefeller University Center for Clinical and Translational Science
- Columbia University Irving Institute for Clinical and Translational Research
- Einstein-Montefiore Institute for Clinical and Translational Research
- Mount Sinai ConduITS Institute for Translational Sciences at the Icahn School of Medicine
- NYU Langone Clinical and Translational Science Institute
- Weill Cornell Medicine Clinical and Translational Science Center
We are proud and grateful to have worked with community partners in developing, conducting, and disseminating Full Spectrum Translational and Community-Engaged Research projects. Partnerships between communities and academic scientists are critical to our work.
- For our projects addressing health concerns affecting seniors in NYC, we partnered with:
- For our MRSA projects, we collaborated with the following partners:
- Community Health Centers:
- Practice Based Research Networks:
- Other Academic Partners:
- For our project on Obesity & Adolescent Pregnancy, we partnered with the following community health centers:
- Sunset Park Family Health Center Network (now NYU Langone at Brooklyn)
- Bronx Care Health System (formerly Bronx Lebanon Hospital Center)
- Community Healthcare Network
- NYC Health + Hospitals Gouverneur Healthcare Service (a Gotham Health Center)
- NYC Health + Hospitals Jacobi Medical Center/North Central Bronx Hospital
- Montefiore Medical Center
- Morrisania Diagnostic & Treatment Center
- For our project on Bariatric Metabolic Outcomes Project (BMOP), we partnered with Dr. William Pagano at NYU Langone Family Health Centers and Dr. Rabih Nemr at New York Presbyterian Brooklyn Methodist Hospital
Read more about our projects.