Resources for Current Students
Students may schedule individual meetings with the Dean, Senior Associate Dean, or Assistant Dean to discuss academic or other graduate program-related issues. Contact:
- Dr. Tim Stearns, Dean, 212-327-8086, email@example.com
- Dr. Emily Harms, Senior Associate Dean, 212-327-8090, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Andrea Morris, Assistant Dean and Director of Career and Professional Development, 212-327-8903, email@example.com
- Mercedes Harris, Graduate and Postdoctoral Program Coordinator, 212-327-8086, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tasnia Islam, Dean’s Office Assistant & SURF Coordinator, 212-327-8120, email@example.com
- Marta Delgado, Director of Graduate Program Finances & Student Affairs, 212-327-8087, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kristen Cullen, Graduate Admissions Administrator & Registrar, 212-327-8088, email@example.com
A complete list of courses offered can be viewed here.
A copy of the 2022-2023 course Guide for Graduate Students is available for download here.
The staff of the Office of Immigration and Academic Appointment advises international students and scholars on obtaining and maintaining lawful status while at the University.
- Benjamin Lasalata, Immigration Manager, 212-327-8057, firstname.lastname@example.org
The UHW is staffed by Nurse Practitioners who are able to provide assessment, diagnosis, and treatment for minor illnesses and injuries, in addition to wellness screenings and immunizations. These services are available on an appointment or walk-in basis, and are free of charge. Contact:
- 212-327-8414, email@example.com
Dr. Jessica Spellun, and Lauren Rosenblum, LCSW provide on-site/telehealth confidential counseling and medical services to employees and students. To schedule a confidential appointment, please call 212-327-7257.
The Rockefeller University provides on-site child care for students and employees through its Child and Family Center. There is a formal application process for admission, and parents are encouraged to apply in advance. Contact:
- Pamela Stark, Director of the Child and Family Center, 212-327-7071, firstname.lastname@example.org
Career and professional development resources at Rockefeller include individual advising, professional skills-building workshops, and opportunities to explore and prepare for a variety of careers for biomedical PhDs. Contact:
- Andrea Morris, Ph.D., Assistant Dean and Director of Career and Professional Development, 212-327-8903, email@example.com
Title IX of the U.S. Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX) prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. To report a Title IX incident or complaint, contact:
- Virginia Huffman, Title IX Coordinator, 212-327-7261, firstname.lastname@example.org
Women in Science at Rockefeller (WISeR)
RockOut (formerly PRISM)
Science Communication and Media Group (SciCommMedia)
Student Representatives Committee (SRC, Contact email@example.com or your representative for more info.)
- 1st Year – Mackenzie Yedlin
- 2nd Year – Lauren Neal
- 3rd Year – Peter Schade
- 4th Year – Sarah Cai
- 5th Year – Alexander Stuart
- MD-PhD – Jesse Novak
- TPCB – Gianna Stella
- CBM – Caleb Reagor
Tri-I Biotech Club (TRIBC)
Tri-I Consulting Club
Science and Education Policy Association (SEPA)
Rockefeller Inclusive Science Initiative (RiSI)
The University has acquired a variety of discounts through various tri-state establishments including discounted movie tickets, museum passes, car rentals and more. A complete list can be found on the Human Resources website.
The Rockefeller University Fitness Center is a free gym for use only by faculty, students, and staff. Visit their website for information on hours, policies, class schedules and more.
The Bronk Fund was established for the improvement of student life on campus. Students are reimbursed half up to $125 each for memberships to health clubs, aerobics classes, swimming pools,
dance classes, marathons, etc. Funds can also be used for language/art classes, skiing lessons, and theater/concert/sporting event tickets. For reimbursement, please send receipts to:
- Mercedes Harris, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tasnia Islam, email@example.com
There are several committees throughout the Rockefeller community on which students are represented. For information on how to participate and provide input, please contact your student representative.
- Alexander Stuart, firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty & Student Club Board of Directors
- Shaopeng Yuan, email@example.com