Flow Cytometry Resource Center User Fees FY15
July 1, 2014 - June 30, 2015
Sorting and instrument use fees are billed in 15-minute increments. You are urged to book only those hours that you estimate your sort or analysis will require. The rate shown above for BD FACSAria sorting applies for the first 50 hours of actual sorting time in any one month by a Laboratory. Additional sorting hours in the same month by the same Laboratory are billed at 25% less. The total fee for any sort is calculated on the booked hours plus any actual time used in excess of the booked hours plus the set-up and clean-up fees described below.
Pre-sort set-up/Post-sort clean-up fees
The total charge for FACSAria sorters and ImageStream-X includes an additional flat fee ($56, internal users; $112, external users) to cover the required time for pre-sort/pre-acquisition set-up and post-sort/post-acquisition clean up. For sorts of yeast/bacteria, the flat rate is $168 ($336 for external users). For sorts that cannot be run using standard PBS buffer and therefore require changing the buffer, the flat rate is $168 ($336 for external users).
- No fee will be charged for the booked hours if the hold on the schedule is cancelled by 5 p.m. two business days prior (for Monday sorts cancellations must be made the previous Thursday) to the scheduled service for FACSAria Sorters or ImageStream X.
- 50% of the total hourly fee (100% of the total for external users) will be charged for unused booked time if the hold on the schedule was not cancelled by 5 p.m. two business days prior.
- 50% of the fee for Basic or Advanced Flow Cytometry classes will be charged if the class request was not cancelled by 5 p.m. two business days prior to the scheduled class.
Note: If you plan on reschedule of Sort or ImageStream Acquisition within the late cancellation period you have to process it with two forms:
1. FCRC Service Cancellation Request form for the original sort or ImageStream Acquisition;
2. New FCRC Sort Booking Form or new FCRC ImageStream Booking Form.
For non-sorting experiments, you may enlist FCRC staff assistance (e.g., for experiment design, instrument set up, advice on sample preparation, sample acquisition and data analysis, experimental troubleshooting, or other consultation) free of charge for internal users (external users: $112/hr).
Usage of the workstation MAC and PC computers at FCRC is free of charge.
While every effort will be made to schedule changes in usage fees to coincide with the University's fiscal year and to provide advance notification of such changes, the University reserves the right to modify usage fees at any time and without notice.