BD LSRII-2 445 nm Laser Operation
NOTE: If the 445nm laser needs to be "on" for your experiment (CFP, mCerulean, etc.) please make sure to follow the steps explained below.
- For the first time please make sure to be trained by the FCRC staff on this procedure. Training takes about 5 minutes and no advance scheduling is necessary (business days, 9 am – 5 pm).
- For the following attempts please follow the written instructions below:
- Open the lid of the instrument and check the 445nm laser switch button;
- If the 445nm laser is "on" proceed on step 2d;
- If the 445nm laser is "off", you need to switch it "on". Wait 5 minutes for the data acquisition to make sure that the laser is completely warmed-up and stabilized;
- Proceed on the item 5 from the "BD LSRII Maintenance Guidelines".
- After the data acquisition is finished make sure to switch off the 445nm laser.