To: The Rockefeller University Community
From: Chris Keogh, CPO & Director of Materials Management
Subject: Requisitioning and Ordering Schedule for the Close of Fiscal Year (FY) 2016
The following schedule will be in effect to facilitate the necessary maintenance procedures for Procurement and Finance within IAS and to ensure a streamlined transition to Fiscal Year 2017 (FY 2017):
· Requisitions for FY 2016 may be placed in iProcurement up to 5:00 P.M. on Tuesday, June 28, 2016. After this date, no further requisitions will be accepted in iProcurement on Wednesday, June 29 and Thursday, June 30, 2016.
· Regarding Emergency External Vendor Requisitions, please refer to the following link:
Emergency External Vendor Requisitions that need to be processed after June 28, 2016 will be accepted via fax to the Purchasing Department (Ext. 7905) or (email: email@example.com) up to 3:00 P.M. on Wednesday, June 29, 2016. Please note: No Animal Requisitions may be processed through these Emergency External Vendor Requisition forms.
All emergency (external) vendor requisition forms must be either faxed to Ext. 7905 or emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information: The valid PTAEO (department account number), supplier name, catalogue number, department and requester names, full item description, quantity, date required or if Urgent delivery is required, and dollar amount if known; if unknown, use $1.00, and the price will be adjusted upon order placement with the vendor.
All such information must be clear and legible. The requester should either call the Purchasing department (Ext. 8196) or send an email (email@example.com) to confirm receipt of this fax or email emergency requisition. No further Emergency External Vendor Requisitions for FY 2016 will be accepted after 3:00 P.M. on Wednesday, June 29, 2016.
· Emergency Stockroom Requisitions that need to be processed after June 28, 2016, may be printed via the following link: http://formspolicies.rockefeller.edu/getfile.php?type=Form&file=MM_emer_so_pdf
Please bring these completed forms directly to the Stockroom for order fulfillment. Emergency Stockroom requisitions will be accepted up to 3:00 P.M. on Wednesday, June 29, 2016. No further Emergency Stockroom Forms will be accepted after 3:00 P.M. on Wednesday, June 29, 2016.
· Radioactive isotope requisitions may still be placed through HP Assist until 5:00 P.M. on Tuesday, June 28, 2016. Radioactive isotope requisitions through HP Assist will resume on Friday, July 01, 2016. Regular deliveries of radioactive isotopes will be made by Laboratory Safety & Environmental Health (LS&EH) for any orders placed by June 28, 2016.
Please review the following animal ordering information as per the Comparative Bioscience Center (CBC) regarding animal requisitions for the week of June 27, 2016:
· Per the Comparative Bioscience Center (CBC), animal order requisitions will be accepted into iProcurement up until 5:00 pm on Monday, June 27, 2016. No further animal order requisitions will be accepted in iProcurement on Tuesday June 28th, Wednesday June 29th and Thursday June 30th, 2016. Animal order requisitioning will resume as normal beginning at 9:00 A.M. on Friday July 1st. To guarantee a delivery date of Tuesday July 5th or Wednesday July 6th we highly recommend submitting your animal order requisitions by Monday June 27th. Animal order requisitions submitted between 9:00 A.M. and 12:00 P.M. on Friday July 1st may be available for delivery the following week, but will be dependent upon vendor availability.
· Purchasing & Receiving will continue to operate normal business hours during the FY16 closing period.
· The University Mail Room will be fully operational during the close of the FY16 period. The University Mailroom will operate its regular Saturday service schedule on Saturday, July 02, 2016 from 8:00-11:00 A.M. The University Mail Room will be closed on Monday, July 04, 2016 and there will be no US Postal Service on this date as well in observance of the Independence Day Holiday. The University Mailroom will resume normal business operations on Tuesday, July 05, 2016.
· Requisitioning for FY 2016 through Oracle iProcurement will begin on Friday, July 01, 2016 at 9:00 A.M.
· Service Contract/Standing Orders for FY 2017: All Laboratories and Departments are requested to place service contract and standing order requisitions for FY 2017 in iProcurement on or after: Friday, July 01, 2016. Please do not place such requisitions during the remainder of FY2016; as they will not be processed and will be returned to the requisitioner (i.e. please place all standing order and service contract requisitions for Fiscal Year 2017 on or after July 01, 2016). Your cooperation and patience are greatly appreciated.
Please direct any questions regarding this schedule to my office at Ext. 8199 (or email: firstname.lastname@example.org).
Thank you for your attention to this matter and please plan orders accordingly in anticipation of this schedule.