Grants Management (Post Award)
The Grants Management office serves laboratories in setting up and monitoring the funding received from outside agencies, both government and private, and fills the role of fiscal liaison between research staff and the funding agencies.
- Preparation of grant and contract billing to the funding agency
- Financial reporting with compliance oversight
- Set up of new awards in the Oracle system and notification of award set up to the laboratory
- Ensure compliance with funding agencies requirements in regard to cost transfer requests and salary source changes
- Support to laboratories in monitoring expenses and retrieving balance information on grants.
- Audit assistance during funding agency reviews
- Support to new laboratory administrative staff in regard to university and funding agency policies and procedures
Office and Staff Information
The office is located on the third floor of Founders Hall Room 312
Pete Marttinen, Assistant Director of Grants Administration
Peter Zervos, Grants Manager
Amanda Sewkumar, Grants Accountant
Darryl Suroojnarine R. Singh, Grants Accountant
Each research laboratory is assigned a grants accountant experienced in working with a broad variety of funding agencies. Click this link to see a listing of lab assignments by grants accountant