Skip to Main Content

Campus Map

<h3>1. Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Hall</h3>Designed by Harrison & Abramovitz and built in 1958, <b>Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Hall</b> comprises the Abby Dining Room, Abby Lounge, Cohn Library and the Faculty and Student's Club. <h3>2. Abby Dining Room</h3>Located in Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Hall and designed by Harrison & Abramovitz, <b> Abby Dining Room</b> was built in 1958, serves lunch on weekdays, and is an events space. <h3>3. Bass Center</h3> <h3>3A. Welch Hall (Markus Library)</h3>Designed by Coolidge, Shepley, Bulfinch, and Abbott, Welch Hall was  built in 1929 and renovated in 2013. Welch Hall contains the Markus Library, featuring reference and biomedical collections, a grand reading room, and study and event spaces. <h3>4. Bronk Laboratory</h3>Built as the South Laboratory Building in 1959, Bronk Laboratory was renamed for Rockefeller’s third president, Detlev W. Bronk, in 1965. It houses research facilities. <h3>5. Caspary Auditorium</h3>The 430-seat <b>Caspary Auditorium</b>, designed by Harrison & Abramovitz, is used throughout the year for lectures, panel discussions, concerts and other events. <h3>6. Caspary Hall</h3>Designed by Harrison & Abramovitz and built in 1958, <b>Caspary Hall</b> houses executive offices. <h3>7A. Carson Family Auditorium</h3>Opened in 2013, the Carson Family Auditorium is named for Russ Carson, chair of the university's Board of Trustees. The 200-seat facility is used for internal campus events such as faculty candidate seminars. <h3>7B. Flexner Hall</h3>Designed by Coolidge & Shattuck and built in 1917, <b>Flexner Hall</b> is named for Simon Flexner, the first director of the Rockefeller Institute for Medical Research. <h3>7C. Greenberg Building</h3>This glass building was designed by Mitchell/Giurgola and completed in 2010. Named for benefactors Maurice R. and Corinne P. Greenberg, the <b>Greenberg Building</b> holds meeting rooms, open collaborative spaces and a caf&eacute. <h3>7D. Smith Hall</h3>Originally designed by Cooledge, Shepley, Bulfinch, and Abbot, and built in 1930, <b>Theobald Smith Hall</b> holds research facilities. It underwent a major renovation that was completed in 2010 and is now registered with the U.S. Green Building Council. <h3>7E. Smith Hall Annex</h3>Designed by Abramovitz-Harris-Kingsland and built in 1985, Smith Hall Annex houses laboratories. <h3>8. Comparative Bioscience Center</h3>Designed by Raymond F. Stainback, Jr. and built in 1975, the <b>Comparative Bioscience Center</b> was renovated in 2009. In 2010, an annex designed by KlingStubbins was constructed with reflective qualities to complement the nearby structures. <h3>9. Faculty and Student Club</h3>Located in Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Hall, the <b>Faculty and Students Club</b>, founded in 1958, encourages social interaction and scientific collaboration among the faculty, postdocs and students. <h3>10. Faculty House</h3>The <b>Faculty House</b> is a 26-story residential building. It was designed by Horace Ginsbern & Associates and built in 1974. <h3>11. Founder's Hall</h3>Designed by Shepley, Rutan, and Coolidge, and completed in 1906, <b>Founder's Hall</b> was the first structure of the original Rockefeller Institute for Medical Research. It was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1975. <h3>12. Fricke Hall</h3>Sophie B. Fricke Hall, a residence for graduate students, was designed by Harrison and Abramovitz and built in 1964. <h3>13. Gasser Hall</h3>Designed by Harrison & Abramovitz and built in 1966, this building was renamed <b>Herbert S. Gasser Hall</b> in 1967 to honor the Director of the Rockefeller Institute for Medical Research from 1935 to 1953. <h3>14. Graduate Students Residence</h3>The <b>Graduate Students Residence</b> was designed by Harrison and Abramovitz and built in 1959 as a dormitory for graduate students. <h3>15. Hospital (Heilbrunn Outpatient Research Center)</h3>Designed by York and Sawyer and built in 1910, the <b>Rockefeller University Hospital</b> was the first hospital in the U.S. devoted exclusively to clinical research. It contains an inpatient facility and the Heilbrunn Outpatient Research Center. <h3>16. IT Pavilion</h3> <h3>17. Nurses Residence</h3>Designed by York and Sawyer and built in 1910, <b>Nurses Residence</b> was originally a medical isolation building. Two floors were added in 1926 as living quarters for nurses working in the adjoining hospital. The building currently holds administrative offices. <h3>18. Peggy Rockefeller Plaza</h3>Designed by Thomas Balsley and Associates in 1997, <b>Peggy Rockefeller Plaza</b> features geometric patterns and the feeling of "outdoor rooms." <h3>19. Philosophers Garden</h3>Dan Kiley, a seminal landscape architect who redesigned the northern half of the campus grounds in 1956, used symmetry, geometric shapes and water to create a sense of peace and harmony in the <b>Philosophers Garden. <h3>20. Power House</h3> <h3>21. President's House</h3>Built in 1957, the <b>President's House</b> serves as a residence for the university's head, as well as an events space. An Asian-inspired garden was added in 2007 by designer Michael Franco of Town and Gardens. <h3>22. Rockefeller Research Building</h3>Designed by Abramovitz, Kingsland, and Schiff and built in 1992, the <b>John D. Rockefeller, Jr. and David Rockefeller Research Building</b> sits above the FDR Drive and features spectacular views of the East River. <h3>23. Scholars Residence</h3>Designed by Abramowitz-Harris-Kingsland and completed in 1989, <b>Scholars Residence</b> is connected to the main campus by the Campus Pedestrian Bridge (designed by Wendy Evans Joseph), which spans East 63rd Street. <h3>24. Tennis Court</h3>Located on the Esplanade north of Abby Aldrich Rockefeller Hall, the tennis court is open by reservation to members of the Rockefeller University community and their guests. <h3>25. Weiss Café</h3>Located in the Weiss Research Building, the Weiss Caf&eacute serves breakfast and lunch on weekdays. <h3>26. Weiss Research Building</h3>Designed by Nelson W. Aldrich and constructed in 1971, the Tower Building became the <b>Benjamin and Irma G. Weiss Research Building</b> in 1995. The building houses laboratories and dining facilities.

Welcome

The Rockefeller Univeristy Gate

The Rockefeller University shares the intersection of York Avenue and East 68th Street with Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center and New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medicine.

The university's main entrance is at 1230 York Avenue (at East 66th Street) on Manhattan's Upper East Side.