Kellen Women's Entrepreneurship Fund Speaker Series
Demystifying the Therapeutic Development Ecosystem: A Roadmap of What You Need to Know
Wednesday, March 24, 2021
4:00 – 5:00 PM | WEBINAR
NYC Site Head, Celdara Medical
Traverse Biotech, Women Accelerators, and Fiddlehead Foundation
Laboratory of Genome Maintenance
Medicines that transform lives usually start as discoveries made in the lab.
- What is the first step in translating your finding into a clinical innovation?
- When do you patent your invention, and how do you balance this with the need to present and publish? What are the rules of engagement?
- What are the secrets to crafting the perfect 5-minute pitch for your idea?
- What are the potential funding sources for your project, including venture capital, loans, and grants? How do you decide which is best?
- Should you license your technology or start a company?
- What are the biggest mistakes novice entrepreneurs make?
Dr. Brandy Houser a leading expert in biotechnology development and investment, will explore these questions and others as she shares with us a 30,000-foot aerial overview of the complex therapeutic discovery ecosystem. This webinar, to be held March 24, will emphasize the challenges that women scientists may face as they contemplate breaking into the field.In addition to her executive positions in the biotechnology industry and the non-profit sector, Dr. Houser advises multiple NYC academic institutions. She previously supported the NY Economic Development Corp. as Investment Director of Accelerate New York (Fund II) in their deployment of seed financing for start-ups. Dr. Houser received a Ph.D. in immunology from Harvard University and was a commercialization fellow at Harvard Medical School.