Are you interested in science?
Join us for…
- Mark your calendar for the third Friday of every month
- All events will be on facebook live and archived to youtube.
Are you at least 16 years old (or will be soon) and interested in trying to do science research yourself?
You may be interested in applying for…
LAB Jumpstart—formerly the LAB After-School Program (LAB ASP)— supports 16 NYC high school students in a combined after-school and summer science research experience. This program aims to ‘jumpstart’ the development of research skills and exposure to laboratory culture.
- The spring after-school sessions (March – June) provide initial small-group training to students, starting with fundamental laboratory skills and practices, progressing into technical tools and research skills that the students will use in their mentored laboratory research.
- The summer full-time immersive research experience (June – August) centers around a 7-week laboratory placement where participants are given the opportunity to conduct an independent research project under close mentorship of trained Rockefeller scientists. This occurs in conjunction with the highly-selective Summer Science Research Program (SSRP).
SSRP provides high school students with a unique and personalized opportunity to conduct hands-on research under the mentorship of leading scientists at one of the world’s premier biomedical research facilities.
- During this rigorous 7-week program, SSRP students become immersed in scientific culture while gaining an appreciation for the process of biomedical discovery.
- Students will be individually matched with scientist mentors to perform original research tasks
Are you in middle or high school?
Convince your teacher to bring your class for a field trip for one of our LAB Experiences
Are you 5-12 years old?
Check out our annual festival, Science Saturday. The next one is May 2018.