Application requirements for Spring 2018
In order to be apply for LAB Jumpstart, you must be nominated by a teacher, be at least 16 years old by the start of the program (March 6, 2018) and attend a NYC school.
Students who are nominated will be asked to complete:
- An on-line application form.
- A 500- (or fewer) word essay answering a prompt.
- A school transcript (unofficial/student copy), to be scanned and uploaded online.
- A current curriculum vitae or resume to be submitted online.
- Two Letter of Recommendations: One letter of recommendation, must be from a math and/or science teacher, the second letter of recommendation can be from an advisor, mentor, or community leader. Letters of recommendation must be submitted online by the application deadline (Monday, December 22, 2017).
Completed applications are due on December 22, 2017.
For more information, please see our Frequently Asked Questions.