Kindle E-Book Reader Lending
• The Markus Library offers nine Kindle e-book readers for check out to Rockefeller University patrons with a valid ID only.
• Patrons will be financially responsible for all equipment and pieces checked out.
• Loan period is for 4 weeks. Failure to return equipment on time may result in suspension of borrowing privileges. Fines will be assessed at a rate of $5 per day.
• Do not leave Kindle unattended at any time or lend to other people.
• Equipment must be returned to a library staff member, in Welch Hall, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday–Friday only.
• It is your responsibility to bring to the attention of the library staff any loss or possible damage to equipment that happens during the time it is checked out to you. The library will make all purchases of replacement equipment or parts.
• If Kindle is lost or damaged beyond repair, the patron will be responsible for all replacement fees.
• Each Kindle will have over 220 preloaded e-books.
• Patrons may recommend titles to the library.