Compact Shelving Guide
The shelving system moves left and right on a track installed on the floor. The large cranks at the end of each range can be turned either clockwise or counter-clockwise to allow access to the books in a given range. It is not necessary to move one range at a time. A group of ranges can be moved in tandem, and will glide easily on the track. To move the shelving, follow these instructions:
- Go to the nearest range that is open. Look to see if anyone is in the open range.
- If no one is in the range, push the red locking mechanism to the “in” position.
- Go back to the range you want to enter.
- Turn the crank in the direction of the open range that you just unlocked.
- Crank until the space between ranges is wide enough to allow you to enter.
- If it isn’t already, pull the red locking mechanism to the “out” position. This ensures no one moves the ranges while you are inside.