This message was sent to the Rockefeller community from Occupational Health Services on March 11, 2020 at 3:58 p.m.
Subject: Important Information on COVID-19
March 11, 2020
In light of the evolving situation regarding COVID-19, Occupational Health Services (OHS) and Human Resources (HR) will be making a number of changes to our usual practices effective immediately (see below). Rockefeller’s COVID-19 website will have the most recent campus information; please check it daily. Thank you for your assistance in keeping our community safe and healthy.
Occupational Health Services
- Postpone any non-essential visits to OHS.
- Patients will be seen by appointment only during normal business hours. Please call the office at 212-327-8414 to schedule your appointment. Do not visit our office without an appointment.
- If you sustain a work-related injury or exposure, please call our office immediately during normal business hours. For after-hours bloodborne pathogen exposures and non-human primate exposures, please call the 3rd floor inpatient unit at 212-327-8448 or call security 212-327-8295 for the on-call MD.
- All wellness programs (including cholesterol screening) are suspended until further notice.
As per protocol, for all campus emergencies only please call extension 1111 (from cell phones dial: 212-327-1111) to activate the campus emergency response.
As a reminder, if you are sick, do not come to work and call OHS to notify us of your condition. If you begin to feel ill while at work, stay away from your coworkers, call OHS, call your primary care provider, notify your supervisor and go home.
- The University’s RU Choice and Managed Care plans (Trustmark)offer telemedicine (virtual care) coverage and will waive COVID-19 testing fees as follows:
- Most providers will charge you a copay up front. When submitting a claim, the copay will be reimbursed for virtual care and COVID-19 testing.
- Telemedicine for Urgent Care and Emergency Room: Effective immediately, all telemedicine calls to Urgent Care and Emergency Room will be reimbursed in full. Please remit your receipt with a claim form to Trustmark.
Please click on the following links for local virtual urgent care resources in New York:
- Emergency Room in-network and out-of-network: The $150 copay is waived if the purpose of the visit is for COVID-19 testing.
- In-network provider: The $15 Weill Cornell Network/$30 Aetna Network copay is reimbursed if the purpose is for COVID-19 testing. Please remit your receipt with a claim form to Trustmark.
- In-person in-network Urgent Care: The $40 copay is reimbursed if the purpose is for COVID-19 testing. Please remit your receipt with a claim form to Trustmark.
- Oxford will waive member cost sharing, including copays, coinsurance and deductibles, for COVID-19 diagnostic testing provided at approved locations in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): EAP provides mental health services to the community. You, your dependents (including children to age 26) and all household members can contact master’s-degreed clinicians 24/7 for referrals to support groups, a network counselor, and community resources. If necessary, you’ll be connected to emergency services. Call 888-293-6948 and identify your employer as The Rockefeller University. www.workhealthlife.com/Standard3
Medical conditions: If you are pregnant, in a high-risk group because of age, and/or have an underlying chronic or immune compromising medical issue you may be eligible for interim telecommuting provisions. Eligibility will be determined on a case-by-case basis. Please contact OHS or your supervisor if you want to be considered for telecommuting. You might need to provide additional information.
Non-medical conditions: If you would like to request to telecommute and you do not have a medical condition, please talk with your supervisor first and then contact HR.
There will be additional communications shortly with more information about telecommuting.
We are asking that you notify us of any upcoming air travel for you and your close contacts here: http://www.rockefeller.edu/travelquestionnaire.
Medical questions about COVID-19 can be directed to OHS at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions regarding employee time off and health insurance can be directed to HR at 212-327-8300. Non-medical questions about the University’s response to COVID-19 can be directed to email@example.com.
Director, Occupational Health Services
Vice President, Human Resources