This message was sent to the Rockefeller community from the Office of the Executive Vice President on June 5, 2020 at 3:19 p.m.
Subject: Maintaining a safe campus
As we reach the first Friday of Phase II, the University Research Restart Committee (RU RRC) and the Emergency Preparedness and Response Committee (EPRC) want to thank everyone for their commitment to strengthening our culture of safety. Your diligent efforts are succeeding in minimizing the spread of virus in our community.
As a reminder, the key elements to minimizing risk for everyone on campus are:
- Social distancing – maintain at least 6 feet of distance from others while on campus; minimize the amount of time on campus
- Face covering – everyone must wear face covering at all times while on campus. The only exception is for single occupancy of an office with the door closed and for brief periods while eating/drinking.
- Good hand hygiene – wash your hands when you arrive at work, regularly while you are at work and before you leave the lab. Use soap and water, scrub for at least 20 seconds and dry your hands with paper towels.
- Cough and sneeze etiquette – cough/sneeze into the crook of your elbow or into a tissue.
- Regular cleaning and disinfection of commonly touched surfaces – follow the university guidelines for cleaning in the labs; wipe down commonly touched surfaces in your work area with appropriate disinfectant wipes. Custodial services will continue the routine practice of disinfection of commonly touched surfaces in public areas of campus.
- Working remotely – activities that can be conducted remotely should continue to be done remotely to minimize your time and minimize the number of people on campus.
Questions about your Laboratory or Departmental Phase II Operations Plan should be posed to the Head of Lab or Department and/or to your Research Restart Officer (RRO).
General questions about Phase II may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Concerns about compliance with the University’s Phase II guidelines may be reported to your RRO, to Security or to email@example.com.
We encourage you to visit the Phase II Restart website for additional information and the most recent guidance and policy updates. The phase II FAQ page is updated regularly, including updates posted today (VPN required for both of these sites).
Thank you for working together to protect yourselves, your families, and other members of our community.