Instructions for Windows users with Microsoft Office 2003 and above.
To download templates:
- Make sure the MS Office application is closed. Click the template you wish to use.
- Click Save or Save to Disk.
- Do one of the following:
- To save the template in the MS Office template folder on your computer, save it to:
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates
(Username above refers to your actual login for your computer. Please note that templates installed under this user profile are only available when you are logged in under this username.)
- To save the template to another folder, select the folder where you want to save the template and click Save.
To create a new MS Word document using the template:
- If you saved the template to the MS Office template folder, go to step 2. If you saved the template into a folder other than the MS Office Template folder, double-click the file. A new document will open in MS Word.
- Open MS Word.
- Go to the File menu and click New. The New Documents task pane will display (usually on the right).
- In the New Document task pane, under Templates, select On My Computer. The Templates dialog box will display.
- Double click on the icon for the template you wish to use. A new document will open based on the template.
The logo may not appear clearly on your monitor in downloaded files, but should print clearly.
If you have any problems downloading or opening templates, or if the logo does not print clearly, please contact the Information Technology Help Desk at ext. 8940.