The Global Corporate Challenge®
On May 25th The Rockefeller University will be participating in our second Global Corporate Challenge (GCC). Rockefeller participants and approximately 150,000 individuals from all around the world will compete in teams of seven. The competition runs approximately 4 months (May – September). Team members will receive a starter kit which includes pedometers (distribution will be in May). Participants will log on to the GCC website beginning May 25th and record their daily steps. Using Google Maps you will be able to see your team virtually ‘walk’ across the globe. During this journey, participants will also interact ‘virtually’ with each location and can experience its customs, history, foods, politics, and geography. You will be able to view your progress against other Rockefeller teams as well as those from around the world.
About the Global Corporate Challenge:
Over half a million corporate workers from around the world have participated in the GCC and been encouraged to take the World Health Organization's recommended 10,000 steps a day.
- Starting on May 25, the GCC is a 16 week virtual walking journey around the world.
- Employees form teams of 7.
- Organizations can enter as many teams as they like.
- Every participant receives a GCC Starter Pack that includes 2 GCC pedometers, a walking backpack and lots of other goodies.
- Each day they input their recorded pedometer steps into the GCC website with the goal of achieving at least 10,000 steps a day.
- The more active a team, the further they progress along the course, the more amazing locations they visit and the healthier they become!
For more information, please contact Tim Blanchfield Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or x7716.