Once I learned what science was really about, I knew that's what I wanted to do."
The university seeks students who have a natural curiosity about science and who have demonstrated aptitude, enthusiasm and commitment to research. Students who enter the Ph.D. program must have received a degree of bachelor or master of arts or sciences, or doctor of medicine or equivalent international qualification. Applicants should be able to document a high level of achievement in the biological, chemical, mathematical or physical sciences. Each year, up to 30 students enter the Ph.D. program.
All applicants must apply online. In addition to the online application, applicants must submit:
- At least three letters of recommendation from faculty who can assess your research potential (submitted online by the recommenders)
- Official college or university transcripts (uploaded as part of the online application)
- GRE scores (General Test required, Subject Test recommended)
- Application fee of $50
- Applicants whose native language is not English must submit evidence of their proficiency in the English language
- Application deadline for the Ph.D. program is December 1, 2016 for entrance in September 2017.
- Application deadline for the M.D. - Ph.D. Program is September 30, for entrance during the first week of July.
It is the policy of The Rockefeller University to support equality of educational and employment opportunity. No individual shall be denied admission to the Graduate Program of the University or otherwise be discriminated against with respect to any program or in the administration of any policy of the University because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability. The Rockefeller University is committed to the maintenance of affirmative action programs that will assure the continuation of such equality of opportunity.